Support Square Mile India @ our Bollywood party
Join us for a fun filled evening of Bollywood style celebrations with music, dance and great food all to raise money for DMU Square Mile India.
Location: The Venue@DMU
Date: 27th October 2017
Time: 18:00 – 22:00Donate £5 to reserve your ticket today.
Square Mile India - our story
De Montfort University (DMU) Square Mile India officially launched in February 2016, and has since seen 25 trips head to India with students, staff and friends of the University. In total, 18 trips have been to Ahmedabad, in Gujarat, to work with Manav Sadhna, based at the historic Gandhi Ashram. Participants of the trips have engaged with hundreds of children and adults from the local slum communities, volunteering on various projects.
Since the launch, over £35,000 has been raised by students, staff and friends of the University. Currently any funds raised support the 120 children that live in the Manav Sadhna Hostel, providing them with food, shelter, medical supplies, sports equipment, school uniforms, extra education and much more.
please watch our appeal video
How else have we helped so far?
- Students from audiology tested the hearing of more than 350 people in four days - resulting in 150 hearing aids being fitted, and the discovery of many infections which will help to reduce the likelihood of further hearing loss occurring.
- The Centre for English Language (CELL) trained 22 English teachers in new techniques to make their teaching more effective -
- Dance students, and DMU graduates led dance lessons with over 500 people, including rag-picking women from one of the largest slums in Ahmedabad.
Take a look at one of our #dmuglobal trips to india
Help us succeed!
- Please donate to this great cause which is close to our hearts at DMU
- You don't need to give money to help us succeed! Please share this project with anyone you think would support us – on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, by email, telephone, in a chat over the fence or on your blog.
- In fact, share it with everyone you know as we think it's a great cause, and the more people who know about it, the more likely we are to make make a difference.
- And we know we said you don't need to give money to help us, but we'd love it if you did! Please sponsor us and help us to help the children in the ashram.