Providing additional financial support to DMU students affected by the COVID-19 global pandemic.
By making a donation to our COVID-19 Hardship Fund you can make a real difference to DMU’s most vulnerable students who are struggling to cope with the impact of Coronavirus.
Why we need your help
The COVID-19 outbreak has disrupted so many of our lives and the situation is very unpredictable right now. One thing that isn't changing is our institution wide commitment or the resolve of our staff, alumni and friends to supporting the public good and the welfare of our students. Even during this most concerning of times, we have received numerous selfless offers of support for our students.
DMU is in a position where we are able to respond quickly to this evolving set of circumstances and provide financial support where it is needed most. However, the pandemic has already had a significant impact on our most vulnerable students, an impact that may well be felt for months to come.
Student SupportDMU is proud to have a significant proportion of students from disadvantaged backgrounds, along with many students from overseas. As an institution our priority has to be to support students remaining on campus, those who are isolating with no other choice, or those unable to return home due to travel restrictions. With part time jobs on hold and supplementary incomes in doubt, these students face an unprecedented situation with enormous levels of financial uncertainty. The University is providing hardship funds for these students, ensuring that they have the essentials in place to be shielded from the devastating impact of the virus. However, these hardship funds can only go so far.
With your help we could do so much moreAdditional financial support will provide extra security to the students most deeply affected, allowing them to concentrate on their studies and make the most of their education in such difficult circumstances. We have set up this giving page to enable our alumni and friends of the university to make a donation to our COVID-19 Hardship Fund. The university will pool together all donations allowing them collectively to have the biggest impact to the lives of our students.
The impact your gift will have:
- Provide our most vulnerable students with an additional grant to pay for rent and essential when they are not able to work a part time job.
- Provide access to equipment and learning resources to enable remote studying.
- Allow students without a support network to avoid accruing debt.
Thank you to all those who are able to support DMU by making a donation in these unprecedented times. Your generosity may make the difference in a young student continuing their studies at DMU and realising their full potential.
How else can you Help us succeed!
- Please help us to promote this fund. If making a donation is not possible for you at this time, you don't need to give money to help us succeed! Please share this project with anyone you think would support us – on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, by email, telephone, or any other way you can.
- In fact, share it with everyone you know, the more people who are aware of the initiative, the more likely we are to succeed in raising funds to support our student body.
Thank you for taking the time to find out about our Hardship Fund, just one of the ways we’re helping to connect our global alumni community with the university today.