We are running Student Volunteering Week 2021 from 8-12th February. Not only are we celebrating our student and staff volunteers, we are raising money for two amazing charities that have been chosen by our Student Execs:
1. Falcon support services - https://www.falconsupportservices.org.uk/ they help support the homeless by providing not only shelter but skills when searching for jobs
2. SAUK - https://www.sauk.org.uk/ the scoliosis association (very close to my heart and it means the world the execs agreed on this). They do research into the condition and support those with scoliosis.
Who are you?
I am the Volunteering and Mentoring Coordinator at De Montfort SU and there are different departments who are part of the planning of this week including: Mentoring For All, Healthy DMU, DMU Local, DMU Sport and DSU Activities Team.
Where will the money go?
The money will be split between the two charities above. We know that as a result of the pandemic, more and more people will be accessing support as a result of job loss and homelessness.
Find us here
Find out more and all the plans for SVW at https://www.demontfortsu.com/activities/volunteering/
Help us succeed!
- You don't need to give money to help us succeed! Please share this project with anyone you think would support us – on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, by email, telephone, in a chat over the fence or on your blog.
- In fact, share it with everyone you know as we think it's a great idea, and the more people who know about it, the more likely we are to make this work out brilliantly.
- And we know we said you don't need to give money to help us, but we'd love it if you did! Please sponsor us and help make this happen.